Dr. John Kaspar
Specialty: Adult Urology, with an emphasis on health and minimally-invasive procedures
Undergrad: Wake Forest University, Washington University
Medical School: Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Associated Urologists of North Carolina
3821 Ed Drive
Raleigh, NC 27612
Site of Service
UroLift® System Local Anesthesia Protocol
- UroLift Anesthesia Protocol: This information is presented in conjunction with Dr. Kaspar. Surgical technique, medication and anesthesia regimens are based on his experience with the UroLift System. Medical practice is solely the responsibility of the treating physician and not the named physicians or NeoTract, Inc.
- The steps in this protocol are presented in the sequence performed by Dr Kaspar.
- Nitrous protocol
- Cipro PO on arrival.
- Viscous lidocaine Uro-Jet 2% via urethra
- Pro-Nox unit is used to deliver 50% N2O and 50% O2 at a constant that can’t be changed. The patient begins using it after placedon the table in high lithotomy and breaths via mouth piece for 3-4 minutes then the procedure may begin.
- Patient breathes via mouth pipe nitrous and O2 until procedure complete.
First UroLift System Case Date