Dr. Herkanwal Khaira
Specialty: Adult Urology, with an emphasis on minimally-invasive, laparoscopic and robotically assisted procedures
Undergrad: University of California, Berkley
Medical School: University of Southern California
Internship: University of Michigan
Residency: University of Michigan
3250 Beard Road
Napa, CA 94558
Site of Service
UroLift® System Local Anesthesia Protocol
- UroLift Anesthesia Protocol: This information is presented in conjunction with Dr. Khaira. Surgical technique, medication and anesthesia regimens are based on his experience with the UroLift System. Medical practice is solely the responsibility of the treating physician and not the named physicians or NeoTract, Inc.
- The steps in this protocol are presented in the sequence performed by Dr. Khaira.
- Oral medication/sedation (1 hour pre-procedure)
- Lorazepam (Ativan) 1mg P.O.
- Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 5/325mg P.O.
- Levofloxacin 500mg for 5 days
- Topical Anesthesia
- Cold (4°C), 2% Lidocaine solution, 50ml, instilled in the bladder via 16Fr Catheter and catheter tip syringe
- Cold (4°C), 2% Lidocaine gel, 5ml, instilled into the urethra
- Clamp penis for 20 minutes prior to procedure
First UroLift System Case Date