Dr. Manish P. Patel
Specialty: Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS)
Undergrad: Rutgers University
Medical School: Wright State University School of Medicine
Internship: University of North Carolina Hospitals
Residency: University of North Carolina Hospitals
40 Pinnacle Pkwy, Suite 104
Elgin, South Carolina 29045
Site of Service
UroLift® System Local Anesthesia Protocol
- UroLift Anesthesia Protocol: This information is presented in conjunction with Dr. Patel. Surgical technique medication and anesthesia regimens are based on his experience with the UroLift System. Medical practice is solely the responsibility of the treating physician and not the named physicians or NeoTract, Inc.
- The steps in this protocol are presented in the sequence performed by Dr. Patel.
- Via a 14 French straight catheter, perform an instillation of 50 cc plain Lidocaine 1%. (Cpt 51700).
- Remove the catheter after the instillation and inject Urojet 2% lidocaine jelly. Then, place a penile clamp to prevent the jelly from discharging from the urethra.
- Allow the patient to sit upright after the Urojet is delivered for 15 minutes.
- Go see patients while the patient is prepped by your CMA.
- After 15-20 minutes, perform a TRUS and verify the prostate volume. Then, inject 10 cc of 1% plain lidocaine to each neurovascular bundle while simultaneously anesthetizing the external sphincter by the prostates apex. (cpt 76942)
- The patient is now ready for treatment.
- NOTE: oral Valium 10 mg tablet is optional.
First UroLift System Case Date